Monday, December 21, 2009

The day Nikki officially became my hero.

Nikki set the goal of running a marathon before her 22nd birthday and, in typical Nikki fashion, she blew that goal out of the water. Not only did she run the dang thing, she completed it in 4:55 minutes.

And I was there doing what I do best, handing her gum balls, helping her switch out shoes, and cheering her on. It was the least I could do after all the times she carried me (figuratively, of course) during the previous 8 months of living together.
Little did I know that one day I would find myself eating my words from this weekend when I claimed that I was not a runner and that you would never catch me attempting such an insane accomplishment...

-Father

______________________________________________________________

I just thought i would add to this account. here is the proof of courtney fulfilling her E.C. duties. she was right there when i needed her (2nd pair of shoes in hand) when i wanted to chop my feet off because of my new shoes.



i just had to throw this pic in. this is the gang that ran it with me. such a fun group. also these medals are proof that i finished. i have never been in so much pain in my whole life. when i got to the finish line i had this very bizarre thought cross my mind (and for everyone who knows me you will see how crazy this really was). I saw the first aid station and i was in so much pain that for one second it crossed my mind to go over there and have them give me an IV and hopefully some strong pain killers... ya even i cant believe that thought crossed my mind.

-Niglet

No comments:

Post a Comment