Monday, February 8, 2010

Our First Christmas

So this year was pretty monumental for me in terms of the Holidays. Now that I'm a college grad and taking on my new role as a working woman, I'm learning that the real world is less lenient than BYU on two week holiday breaks and such. My job went ahead and booked me for Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Years Eve. Thank goodness for Nikki's family taking me under their wing.

Nikki's grandparents' house was decorated so beautifully, it made it easy for me to overcome my homesickness and catch the Christmas spirit.


I'm not going to lie, this little train set did play a significant part in my enjoyment of the festivities.


My pseudo family for the holidays. We rocked that game of charades we played down in this basement, hunh Nikki? No cheating whatsoever...


Since living together, Nikki has been kind enough to share her grandparents with me. It's a good thing she's so generous with them because I've grown sort of attached to these two people.


Nikki's grandma has formed a similar attachment. No, not to me...to her new can opener.


Thanks again Barbers/Ovards, I have you to thank for a tear-free holiday season.

- Courtney Barber

No comments:

Post a Comment