Tuesday, January 5, 2010

"the morning after" its not what you think people...

So just as Courtney mentioned we had to rise and shine bright and early the next morning to run our half marathon. here we are before the race, still feeling sleep deprived and somewhat nauseous from all the junk we ate the night before.
6am....what were we thinking again?


aside from the poor preparations the night before we not only did it but completed it in a very good time! especially court and ash considering they had never ran in a race before. very impressive. the best part of the day was yet to come however...when we all limped back to the apartment and crashed in front of the movie hocus pocus (again...)



finally, this post wouldn't have been complete if we didn't mention our running mate/driver (who might i add drove us all the way to redwoods mall in the dark with no lights) Brett. But we forgave him for risking our lives....in fact a small part of us was probably hoping we would crash so we wouldn't have to run the race... we couldn't have done it with out you buddy...ok we probably could have but it definitely wouldn't have been the same!
-Niglet

____________________________________________________________________

Since Nikki made an addition to her my post of her first marathon, I thought I'd give my two cents on her post of my first half marathon...

Nikki and I came in together at 2 hours 2 minutes. That averages out to be about a 9 minute mile which I hear is pretty good for your first half. I don't know if I would have done so well if it weren't for Nikki. She's the one who inspired me to run in the first place, convinced me I could do a half, and then somehow motivated me to sprint the last mile of the race.

Thank you roommates for helping me accomplish this task I once thought to be impossible...half down, whole to go!

- Cooh


No comments:

Post a Comment